Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust [LPFT] has re-launched its successful Improving Access to Psychological Therapies [IAPT] which is now called Steps2change Lincolnshire.
Steps2change Lincolnshire continues to offer short term psychological therapy to people experiencing common mental health problems such as depression or anxiety including:
mild-moderate depression, mild-moderate anxiety disorders, generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder, phobias, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder [OCD], Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, mild to moderate eating disorder, adjustment disorder and mild to moderate post natal depression and health anxiety.
What is steps2change?
One in four people at some point in their life experience problems with mental wellbeing. You don’t need to struggle on your own! steps2change
Lincolnshire provide short term therapy for people with common mental health problems. This is a FREE and confidential NHS service for anyone
in Lincolnshire who is feeling stressed, unhappy, depressed, sad, worried or anxious.
What does therapy involve?
Talking therapies usually involve weekly meetings with steps2change staff to work through your difficulties. You need to be able to commit to these sessions and be able to do some work at home in preparation for meetings.
On occasion, during the course of therapy people have a temporary increase in symptoms. It’s important that you have support from friends,
family or other people you care for to get through this period
How will steps2change help me?
Their team of experienced and qualified professionals will work with you to help you understand your problems and show you a new way of coping. You will get a chance to talk about your difficulties in a confidential and non-judgemental environment. Then you will receive an individually tailored treatment package to help put you back on the road to recovery.
How does steps2change work?
They have teams all over the county who offer a range of therapies for your individual needs. These may include individual therapy or group
sessions. We offer appointments throughout the day to suit your lifestyle at the following locations: Boston, Gainsborough, Grantham,
Lincoln, Louth, Skegness, Sleaford, Spalding and Stamford.
How to get help?
There are a number of ways in which you can access steps2change Lincolnshire:
• Contact their Single Point of Access Contact Centre by calling 0303 123 4000 (available 24/7).
• Fill in a self-referral form available on this web site or from http://www.lpft.nhs.uk/steps2change-lincs
and send to SPA Contact Centre, Sycamore Unit, Beacon Lane, Grantham, NG31 9DF.
• Discuss your problems with your GP or other health professional who can refer you to the service.
What happens next?
You will be offered an initial assessment which will be carried out at one of their Psychological Therapy Centres or over the phone by an
experienced therapist. During the assessment you will be asked questions about how you are feeling and behaving and what you are thinking
to find the best way to help you. Everyone is different so they will work together to decide the level and type of support you may need.
What help do steps2change offer?
The help they offer includes:
• Guided self-help including reading materials to help empower you to overcome your difficulties
• Counselling, including counselling for depression and dynamic interpersonal therapy
• Courses to help you learn how to manage stress, low mood and panic
• Group therapy
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
• EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing therapy
• Interpersonal therapy
• The Employment Advisor Service for people who are having difficulties at work due to common mental health conditions”
Download the Self Referral Form Here